Wednesday 16 August 2017

The Italian Dream and the hope to be called an "AKATÉ" when you return.

The Italian dream.

I hate that I like to put down my thoughts in words and many people would have had enough of me by now but you guys urged me to enjoy my service year and taking notes is part of the enjoyment. 

Benin, like every other Nigerian city has a great population of youths. Ambitious youths who have this great and fantastic will to succeed, to "blow", to have it all. 
They just don't have a will, they have a way too. 
It's an actual way. 
It's the road to Italy.
I don't know the route but I know you somehow get to Morocco, Libya and so on. I know you'll spend nights in the desert without food or water. I know some will die along the way, maybe in the boats and their dead bodies will get thrown into the water. I know when you finally get to Italy, it becomes clear that it wasn't worth it. 

What better life did they promise you?

They told you you would be a boss in weeks? 

Did you believe them? 

Well hello, you just bought a ticket to modern day slavery coz from what I've gathered, you'll be made to work your ass off and give a percentage of your earnings to the person who brought you in. 

This is not always the story but in most cases that begins with a brainwashed dream to "blow overseas", this is what you hear. 

I thought people knew better in 2016. 

Nigerians still subscribe to this idea of a better life in Italy? 

Just last week I saw a video on Facebook where a girl was being raped! It was recorded. That's just the height of man's inhumanity. 
She was Nigerian and a sex worker. She probably got enticed by the amount of money they were going to pay her that night. Two guys, one girl. Weird fantasies. Babe wasn't really as experienced or forth coming as they had expected so they decided to forcefully get what they were paying for. 
One was busy trashing away from behind while the other was choking babe with his tiny d*ck. They spat on her, dumped their eruptions on her face and slapped her at every chance. 

I cried. 

I cried because this babe had a choice but she was deceived and followed whoever to Italy. 
The shocking thing is, someone told me that all these stories we hear about deceit is false. She said these girls know what they are getting into but coz its gonna be away from familiar faces and with the promise to make enough money, they still choose to take the long road to Italy. 

If you know you're not educated, or even if you are, and you know you're not getting into a country the right way and you even know you know no one there, please stop to think about your mother, your father, your siblings and your dignity. 

The grass is not always greener on the other side. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting us what you think about this post.
We truly appreciate you.