Saturday 24 September 2016

Ritual Fee

I was tired and really had to sleep... It had been a really long day at work and I wasn't going to sacrifice my sleep for whatever reason, not even snapchat. 
I struggled with my key, opened my door, ran straight to the my bedroom and hit my bed real quick. I didn't even take my dress off, neither did I wash off the plenty make up on my face. 
It wasn't up to 10 minutes when I heard a man making a call right behind my bedroom. I still don't know why we live downstairs. I don't like living downstairs. Everyone passes in front or behind the house. 
Baba God please o, we want to be landlords too.
Now, I'm used to the noise you get from living downstairs. But this particular call was the most unusual and I still don't know which tenant made the call coz the voice was not familiar.
The call was an ordinary call with lots of whispering and few high tones. I still closed my eyes trying to fall asleep until I heard this.

"I've been telling him, he has to drop 200k for the ritual fee since he no get liver to do am." 

Jesus!

It's either this person was too sure that there was no one home or he just did not care if anyone heard him. That was how the sleep cleared from my eyes. I just couldn't sleep. Sleep became the least of my worries. On a norm, I can be very curious, I would have peeped to see who was making that call but I figured it was better to lay quietly on my bed than check out who it was, after all, my life is still precious to me and to my family. 
The caller kept on saying really scary things. 

"He no get liver and I don warn am, you go help me make we organize the money for am, he go pay back later."

I noticed my curtain was open and I thought he could see me, if I had attempted to drop the curtain, he would have noticed me. So I decided to leave the bed to lay on the floor. As I was trying to get off the bed, he paused. 
Ah! My life was going to end for nothing. What did I ever do to deserve this kind of end. I was too weak to pray, I just trembled in fear.

He continued his call a few seconds later and that was a huge relief. What an irony. 
I assumed my former position o, couldn't risk my life. My heart was beating out of my chest and my head became too heavy for me to carry. 

He ended the 10 minutes call and left, but I was just there, awake, scared, in deep thoughts and couldn't sleep. What if he saw me and was going to kill me later? That was all I could think about. 

Till this day, I wonder who made that call, why it was made behind my window and who is paying the ritual fee. 
Calls like that should be made in your toilet, Under your bed or behind your own window! 

Ritual fee! It's the first time I would ever hear something like this in my life. 
It's been 4 months, the ritual must have been done by now.

1 comment:

Thank you for letting us what you think about this post.
We truly appreciate you.