Saturday 2 April 2016

DSTV remote palavar

I hate it when people unconsciously make you feel bad. I mean, awaken your consciousness please. You can't go about making awkward and very stupid statements that you think isn't deep enough to cut the other person's emotions.
Today, something I always try to avoid happened and how did I handle it? Poorly, terriibly.
I spent most of my day with My Special Someone and my kid brother and had a lot of fun. My fun ended at 6pm when I was set to head home, still, I smiled.
I got home at 8pm and had dinner(boiled yam and fried eggs). I was about to go in and do other unimportant stuff when i remembered I had promised mum a new DSTV remote. I quickly got up and asked kid brother to walk with me, it took less than 5 minutes to locate the dealers of fake DSTV remote in agric, Ikorodu. I was sha cheated, I bought it for #500, this is something that os usually sold for 300 o! Oh well, nobody told me.
It took us another 5 minutes to trek back home and when we had finally gotten home, the worst happened. The remote was cracked, and everybody made me look stupid when they exclaimed together in a chorus "500???" I just gave them this blank look, I was feeling myself that I bought something that was priced at #800 in the beginning for #500 but that feeling was short-lived. We had to go back to the market to complain about the remote control and when we got there, it was a very terrible 10 minute argument.
The fat and shapeless money loving igbo man actually accused me of changing the remote with another. He said I wasn't that which he had given to me. I was in awe. Boy was I confused.
Na so I vex, I asked him why he was calling me a "thief" and what 500 is.
The drama that followed ehn, I tire.
The koko of this long story is I smashed the remote control on the floor when he didn't want to change it and was acting smart. He actually didn't want to give it back, something I paid for o.
I hardly get angry, I surround myself with people who bring out only positive energy in me. I hate confrontations and will always avoid them, but when I engage in any, if the other party is trying to be funny or stupid, I let out the anger of years that I have kept secure in one space in my head.
Hmmmn, moral of this story? Don't argue with a hungry market man, they are worse than the women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting us what you think about this post.
We truly appreciate you.