Thursday 14 April 2016

Batch A16 good to go!!!

My birthday fell on Friday, April 8, 2016, naturally, since it fell on a Friday, the reaction from everyone was to party to stupor but unfortunately, my party was on a sick bed in my house at Ikorodu Nation. The funny thing is that I had earlier treated malaria and was so sure I would not be having a relapse but surprise surprise!!! Malaria came and with a bad blow. It was so bad I had to take injections for 3 days, believe what you may, I stood still, gave no drama (only in my mind) and ye! I am healed. Hallelujah!

Ehen, back to the things I am seeing now o. So corp members are busy celebrating their POP today. For those who don't know, POP means Passing out Parade. They are officially done with the joke called NYSC and can finally relax for a few weeks before strolling into the realities of job hunting. Can I be realistic please? Ok thanks, I will.

People are busy popping "champagne" or some cheap imitation of expensive champagne because they survived the crazy 12 months of forced national comedy, served with a large bowl of sufferhead. Well, I would be celebrating too if I was passing out today.

What's my own now you're thinking abi?
Well this is my own; When I needed a space for my media attachment a.k.a IT, I walked every corporate street of Lagos, wore every cheap corporate dress I had and even those I borrowed too, gave every genuine and fake smile I could afford, all that with a beautiful written letter from my HOD kindly asking that we be given a chance to prove our excellent training in media matters. Mtsheeew. Nobody was willing to give a 21 year old a chance to prove nada! They gave fake assurances ontop job Wey dey no go pay me for o. My saving grace was Olawande, my friend, she was already working at Niche PR and Events at Ilupeju, nice place, nice boss, she even paid. Wande had to talk to the boss and persuade her that I was just as good before I could get a media attachment. What's my point? This is supposed to be my first job hunting experience and I was sooo disappointed. If I was disappointed with my first trial, imagine those brethren out there who have been out of school since forever and still can't get a job. I hope you're beginning to understand.

This is why I am of the opinion that rather than go partying with the small allawee you managed to save, just hold on to it and start your new life with it. It could serve as help with transportation, could even feed you for a few days.

Also, If you have entrepreneurial tendencies, biko nwannems, grab any chance you get and start creating jobs, for you and others who need jobs.

I'm just hearing people shout "federal government keep your Alawee, my millions are coming" Amen o, your millions will come, but you've got to calculate how your millions will come. I bet it will take a while before you start seeing them if you only want to pop something after every success.

I know I have probably misyarned along the way, but I've sha posted and its only my opinion. Let us wait and see how my own will be, I hope its not going to be the case of pot calling kettle black *covers face*

POP people, do and go so that A16 corpers can come and start.

Ngwanu bai bai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting us what you think about this post.
We truly appreciate you.