Sunday 14 June 2015

Anthony Okugbe, you were my best friend for a minute.


A minute, 60 seconds.
That is what it feels like. My friendship with you only lasted for what feels like a minute before you decided, no, they decided it was time for you to go home. 

Who decided?
Was it GOD, the driver of the car that hit you, fate, life's design?
Maybe I'll never know until I too will die and all of life, my life, your life will flash before my eyes.

If you can see this from your beautiful heavenly phone in heaven, I want you to be sure that I still love you, you were my brother, my friend, my push when I needed a push, my pull when I had no strength to pull. It is sad that everything we talked about, you didn't wait to see.
Can you believe I was still dropping texts on your Facebook private box or whatever they call it, hoping you would see it and come back. Maybe I was the reason why your sister deleted your Facebook page, coz looking back now and reading those messages feels really weird and creepy. Sorry.

I am now a woman, a beautiful woman. I have made life decisions, good and bad on my own and I hope you're at least 75% proud of me.

I'll be graduating this year, and if you were here, I would have squeezed every penny out of you to have the best party. I miss picking on you even though you were bigger than me.
I miss making unending promises to you and making you pay for things I promised you.
Hey, you remember all my trips to your office and how we thought they thought we were dating? Ugh, #childabusealert...lol.

You used to call yourself my School Father, you were more. You were school father, school mother, school brother, prayer partner, baba catholic /MFM, school bank, *wink*
Obiye loved you, you're a lucky baba o.

Uncle Tee, I miss you.
Can't wait to see you again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for letting us what you think about this post.
We truly appreciate you.